Can I Get Braces As An Adult?
Orthodontic treatment isn't just for kids. In fact, more adults are getting braces than ever before. And there are good reasons for that.
What Are The Benefits of Getting Braces As An Adult?
You're never too old for orthodontic treatment! At your consultation, your dentist can perform an examination to determine if you can benefit from braces or other orthodontic appliances. Some benefits of having your teeth straightened include the following:
- Aesthetic benefits – When you have straight teeth, it's easier to keep them clean and maintain your oral health. You may experience fewer cavities and gum issues as well.
- Oral health – When your teeth are crooked or misaligned, it can be difficult to keep them healthy and clean. Straightening them can improve your oral health and prevent future problems.
- Self-confidence – When you aren't happy with your smile, it can have a negative impact on your confidence. When you straighten your teeth with braces, you can feel confident smiling again.
- Comfort – Having braces can help align your bite properly. This can improve your comfort when eating and speaking.
- Orthodontics isn't just for kids – Many adults choose to correct their smiles later in life. Your dentist can determine if you are a candidate and give you options on how to best address your smile needs.
If you're ready to improve your smile and boost your confidence, contact your orthodontist today to discuss your options.
What Types of Braces Are Available To Me As An Adult?
There are several options for adult braces, so you can find a solution that works for your lifestyle and your budget.
- Metal braces are the traditional fixed orthodontic appliances that most patients think of when they hear the word "braces." They are made of high-grade stainless steel brackets and small metal wires that are designed to straighten your teeth in the way your orthodontist recommends.
- Ceramic braces are similar to traditional metal braces, but they use tooth-colored ceramic brackets instead of stainless steel ones. They're still visible on your teeth, but they blend in with your smile more than metal braces do.
- Clear aligners like Invisalign are made of clear thermoplastic materials that you wear over your teeth to gradually shift them into place over time. Aligner trays fit snugly over your teeth and are removable for brushing, flossing, and eating. Many patients appreciate that they're practically invisible when they're worn, so they're not as noticeable as other types of teeth straightening treatments.
Talk to your dentist about what type of orthodontic treatment is best for your needs and preferences. Your dentist can tell you more about the pros and cons of each type and help you make a confident decision about your care.
Contact Sugar Land Dental in Sugar Land, TX, for more specific instructions on adult orthodontics. To book an appointment, call (281) 980-5100 or visit us at 101 Southwestern Blvd Suite 204, Sugar Land, TX 77478.