Family dentistry is a branch of dentistry that deals with all types of dental procedures that are concerned with the health and well-being of the entire family. This includes children, adults, and senior citizens. Family dentists have expertise in a wide range of dental procedures. They treat patients from all age groups and make sure their dental needs are attended to.
What Are the Benefits of Choosing a Family Dentist?
There are several benefits of choosing a family dentist. Some of them are:
- Family dentists treat every member of the family, ensuring high-quality dental care at a reasonable cost.
- The dentist understands the needs and preferences of each individual patient and their dental conditions. It helps them provide better service and make the procedure more comfortable.
- Since the dentist is available at a convenient location, you don't have to waste time searching for one if you need emergency dental care.
- The dentist considers the health history of each patient to treat them properly and also suggests precautionary measures to keep the teeth healthy.
- The dentist evaluates the oral condition of each family member at every visit and treats them accordingly. It helps in preventing oral diseases like cavities, gum diseases, etc., or treating them at an early stage.
- The dentist explains every procedure in detail to make the patient aware of their dental condition. It builds confidence and trust in them, which helps them relax during the treatment.
- By choosing a family dentist, you can avail multiple dental treatments under one roof. For example, if you need to get your child's braces fitted, you can also get yours done at the same place without having to search for another dentist.
What Procedures Does a Family Dentist Perform?
A family dentist performs multiple procedures, such as:
Call us at (281) 980-5100 or schedule an online appointment with the dentist for a consultation at our office in Sugar Land, TX.
- Treating dental cavities and tooth decay by filling cavities with composite resin or placing a crown on it if it is severely decayed or damaged.
- Fixing loose teeth using dental bonding material by applying it to the teeth, shaping it according to the contour of the teeth, hardening it using UV light, and trimming it to make it fit perfectly.
- Replacing missing teeth with dental implants or bridges that are supported by implant crowns.
- Providing preventive care by assessing oral conditions like plaque or tartar accumulation or gum diseases like gingivitis or periodontitis, and treating them before they turn severe.
- Performing root canal treatment to save infected or decayed teeth from being extracted. in Sugar Land, TX